Prepare a well-written security program proposal for your organization that utilizes the concepts learned in the course as a
Learning Goal: I’m working on a cyber security question and need guidance to help me learn.
Preparation: Choose a real or hypothetical organization, corporation (profit or non-profit), or institution that uses IT in its product, services, activities, and/or operations. If you work in an organization or field that could benefit from an information security program, you might wish to apply the project to it.
Assignment: Prepare a well-written security program proposal for your organization that utilizes the concepts learned in the course as a basis for your analysis and proposed solution.
Make sure that your proposal includes these basic elements of a good security policy:
- An introduction that describes your organization, its mission, products/services, technical resources, and technical strategy.
- An assessment of the impact on organizational culture from implementing information security.
- An assessment of likely challenges in implementing and sustaining the proposed information security program.
- Your recommendation for a security program should:
- Propose a set of information security positions and titles and define the roles information security personnel will have in the new organization.
- Include an organizational chart that reflects the proposed security personnel.
- Describe security education and training—who is trained on what subjects and how often.
- Consider security awareness—how to incorporate information security awareness throughout the organization.
- Summarize your security program recommendations.
Important: You must justify every element of your proposal in ethical and legal terms. In other words, you need to state why each policy/code element (including technical elements) is good for business and why it is good/sound ethical policy (how it is good for the organization and why it is good for customers, users, or employees, or the public). You should also identify any ethical/legal tensions, conflicts, and/or contradictions and justify any trade-offs being made in the recommendation.
Answer preview for Prepare a well-written security program proposal for your organization that utilizes the concepts learned in the course as a