Select a real older adult- preferably an actual client. Names and identifying details may be changed to protect confidentiality. You may also choose a friend or family member.
Select a real older adult- preferably an actual client. Names and identifying details may be changed to protect confidentiality. You may also choose a friend or family member. Using either PowerPoint or Prezi, develop a short presentation where you describe their living arrangements, answering the following questions:
- Provided a thorough overview of pertinent information about the older adult selected, such as age, demographic info, and any health issues.
- Where do they currently live? Please provide a detailed description of their living arrangement.
- Describe their support system in this environment. Does your client have family, friends, pets, religious community, etc. or are they isolated?
- What services is your older adult utilizing in their living arrangement? Please include detailed description of the services your older adult is utilizing in their living arrangement.
- Do you think this is an appropriate setting for them to live? Why or why not?
- As a social worker, what referrals would you make for your client? Be specific! For example, name a specific hospice or home health company rather than saying they need those services in general. What else could support their wellbeing?
- Discuss the home and community-based services that the older adult might access (refer to Anderson, Dabelko-Schoeny, & Fields, 2018, book).
Please make sure to include photos in the slides, and the wording on the slides are free from typos, professional, and grammatically appropriate. Include references in APA format.
Requirements: 10 slides