Find a case study on a business, social, or psychological problem in which a decision yielded an unintended consequence.In 1,250-1,500 words do the
Find a case study on a business, social, or psychological problem in which a decision yielded an unintended consequence.In 1,250-1,500 words do the following below :
- Analyze the unintended consequences of the decision made in the selected case study.
- Describe the process of decision making that was used in the chosen case study and why that process led to the decision that was made.
- Discuss whether the decision made in the selected case study was ethical at the time it was made, despite the unintended consequences.
Consider the following factors that require attention in effective decision making:
- Cost of indecisiveness
- Collaboration as both a positive and negative force
- Unintended consequence: Inherited feature in the decision-making process.
- Recommendations or reconciliations to avoid unintended consequences
Example case studies include, but are not limited to:
Unintended Consequence: Business
- Corporate governance reform and CEO compensation
- The Affordable Care Act
Unintended Consequence: Social
- Communism for neighborhood relations
- Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Cuban Missile Crisis
- Employer layoffs
- End-of-life care
- Health care reform
- Immigration Act of 1965
- Large-scale iron fertilization of the ocean
- Invasion of Iraq
- Rise of international criminal law
- Transportation Security Administration (TSA) policies
- Youth bike helmet laws
Unintended Consequence: Psychological
- Gender aspects of conflict interventions (Bosnia, Somalia, etc.)
- Women in the workforce
- The Workforce Investment Act
Use three to five scholarly references for evidentiary support.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.PLEASE SEE ATTACHED APA FORMAT YOU MUST USE
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Class Resources if you need assistance.
Requirements: 1250-1500 words