You recently attended the Healthcare Information and Management System’s Society (HIMSS) yearly conference in Orlando with several other
Topic: Executive Summary of a Key Trend in HIT
Details: You recently attended the Healthcare Information and Management System’s Society (HIMSS) yearly conference in Orlando with several other leaders in your organization. The CIO has requested you each select one key trend (I selected Telehealth Medicine). Based on your selection, you are to create an Executive Summary that incorporates your module learnings, your own research, and include a recommendation for use of this trend within the organization. The CIO will select one Executive Summary for presentation to the HIT Innovation Steering Committee, so it should be persuasive and thorough.
Create an Executive Summary that includes:
• Description of the trend and reason for recommendation (potential problem trend will solve). ****(The key trend used will be ‘Telehealth Medicine)”*****
• Discussion of factors to be considered for implementation including adherence to policies, standards, and use of legacy systems
• Explanation of anticipated benefits and minimization of risks
• Summary on how trend ultimately supports interoperability and patient care goals (e.g., initiatives of ONC and CMS)
• Reference page of resources utilized and in-text citations
The executive summary should address these main points:
o What is the point of the document? Are you trying to influence management? Are you trying to make a change in a hospital? Make sure you have a purpose when writing the summary.
o What issue needs addressing? Why is it an issue? Why are you where you are?
• Problem Analysis
o What can be changed or improved?
• Results of analysis
o What did you find while researching the issue? What methods did you use? How do you know your resources are valid, reliable, and credible?
o What can you do to address this issue? How will you achieve your recommendations? How will this help? What action can be taken?
Answer preview for You recently attended the Healthcare Information and Management System’s Society (HIMSS) yearly conference in Orlando with several other