Women in War
No direct quotes over 1.5 sentences.
Two direct quotes maximum.
Offer different illustrations and examples as your respond to each question.
Do not repeat the questions in your paper
Crisis at Fort Sumter with background
Use only this primary source
Do not use your text or outside sources or Internet sources
Do not write a paper on accomplishments of women or all women and the war.
You are to analyze this document as an illustration on how the war impacted women.
1) What is the historical context or setting of the document? Include the specific date or time period of the source
2) How did the coming of the war impact the women discussed in the document?
How did it change their lives?
3) Did you notice a different role played by women compared to the men in the document?
4) How did reading this primary source aid your understanding of how the start of the war impacted women?
5) Do you think reading a source written by women offers a different perspective on events?
Use specific details from the document to answer the questions
The link (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. gives background on Mary Chesnut and the excerpt from her diary.