What specific similarities between the two stories were you able to find? What might account for these similarities?
Learning Goal: I’m working on a history discussion question and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
To demonstrate understanding of ancient societies’ culture as presented through religious texts.
The theme for this discussion is religion.
Please read the following primary sources and then answer the questions below:
- Excerpts from The Book of Genesis (1-3, 6-8, 22) http://www.professorcampbell.org/sources/genesis.htmlLinks to an external site. “The Flood Story” from The Epic of Gilgamesh https://web.archive.org/web/20180924021142/http://www.livius.org/articles/misc/great-flood/flood3_t-gilgamesh/Links to an external site.
Compare the assigned primary sources and write a discussion post answering the following questions:
- What specific similarities between the two stories were you able to find?
- What might account for these similarities?
Make sure that your post begins with a sentence which clearly states your main argument, and that it refers to specific evidence from the sources in order to support that argument.
Your initial post should be at least 250 words in length, but not exceed 500 words.
- This discussion board assignment is worth 100 points.
- Students are only required to complete FOUR of the Discussion Boards for their grades. The Module 1 Introduction and Module 2 Final Project Brainstorm are required. However, students may choose to complete ANY four of the remaining seven Discussion Boards to complete this requirement. Additionally, students may choose to complete a fifth Discussion Board for extra credit.
- Discussions are worth 25% of the overall grade
Answer preview for What specific similarities between the two stories were you able to find? What might account for these similarities?