The panel discussion proposal requires you to address the following: Identify one contemporary issue in healthcare today. Analyze how this
Purpose of Assignment:
Nurses need to stay abreast of current issues affecting healthcare and nursing practice. Contemporary nurses may also seek out opportunities to present their knowledge and to educate their peers.
- Analyze current issues in healthcare.
- Debate current healthcare policy as it relates to nursing practice.
- Critique ethical issues in current nursing practice.
- Analyze cultural and social issues in the contemporary, professional nursing environment.
As part of your professional development, you have set a goal to present at a national conference. The Innovations Contemporary Issues Conference is this year, and you have always enjoyed the wide range of topics. You have attended this event in the past, previously presented a poster, and find it very fitting to your areas of interest. Therefore, you have decided to submit a proposal to speak in a panel discussion.
The panel discussion proposal requires you to address the following:
- Identify one contemporary issue in healthcare today.
- Analyze how this issue impacts nursing practice.
- Presently, how does healthcare respond to this issue?
- Analyze how cultural, social, or ethical issues impact this issue.
- Discuss the effects that personal values/beliefs/assumptions have on a nurse’s approach to the issue.
- Propose a policy statement that supports how we approach the selected issue in nursing.
Answer preview for The panel discussion proposal requires you to address the following: Identify one contemporary issue in healthcare today. Analyze how this