Select a manufacturing business in the Middle East and discuss the following: What the company does. Its value adding and non-value adding
Lean manufacturing is a philosophy of production that focuses on the minimization of resources used throughout the organization in the production of goods and services. Lean manufacturing involves identifying and eliminating non-value adding activities in design, production, supply-chain management, and in dealing with the customers.
Select a manufacturing business in the Middle East and discuss the following:
- What the company does
- Its value adding and non-value adding activities, including tools for Lean Six Sigma such as just-in-time manufacturing
- Any rapid change-over activities the company uses or could use
- The company’s employee empowerment opportunities
Embed course material concepts, principles, and theories, which require supporting citations along with at least two scholarly, peer-reviewed reference in supporting your answer. Keep in mind that these scholarly references can be found in the Saudi Digital Library by conducting an advanced search specific to scholarly references.
- Chapters 14 & Supplement to Chapter 14 in Operations Management
- Chapter 14 PowerPoint slides – Operations Management
- Antonio, B. T., & Kusumastuti, R. D. (2019). Lean operations implementation at an Indonesian shoe producer. South East Asian Journal of Management, 13(1), 92–105.
- Honda, A. C., Bernardo, V. Z., Gerolamo, M. C., & Davis, M. M. (2018). How Lean Six Sigma principles improve hospital performance. The Quality Management Journal, 25(2), 70-82.
In this final module, you will learn the details about lean operations and how lean relates to a successful implementation of operations management within an organization or an industry. Lean operations are those with a focus on reducing waste such that minimal resources are used in a flexible system to produce quality products and services. This week, you will work on the last Discussion Board Question and quiz for this term. To help you prepare for that work, read the interactive lecture and required readings.
- Analyze the use of lean operations as it relates to the successful implementation of operations management.
- Examine the principles that lean operations exhibit.
- Evaluate the Toyota Production System (TPS) on lean operations.
Answer preview for Select a manufacturing business in the Middle East and discuss the following: What the company does. Its value adding and non-value adding