Learning more about schizophrenia
For this assignment, you will be learning more about schizophrenia, which was covered in this unit. Locate the article below.
In order to access the resource below, you must first log into the myCSU Student Portal and access the Academic OneFile database within the CSU Online Library.
Mukherjee, S. (2016). Runs in the family: New findings about schizophrenia rekindle old questions about genes and identity. The New Yorker, 92(7), 26.
Write a review of the article, and relate it back to information covered in
Unit V. Be sure that your review includes the following information:
• Briefly introduce and summarize the article.
• Identify the author’s main points.
• Who is the author’s intended audience?
• Describe how the brain has been implicated in schizophrenia.
• Describe the clinical symptoms of schizophrenia, including positive, negative, and disorganized symptoms.
• Discuss the role of stress and other psychosocial factors in the etiology and relapse of schizophrenia.
• Distinguish the medication treatments and psychological treatments for schizophrenia.
• Explain how genetic factors are involved in the etiology of schizophrenia.
• How does the article apply to this course? Does it support the information in your textbook?
Your article review must be a minimum of two pages in length. You must reference the article and your textbook, but other sources may be used in addition to these.
Use APA style for all citations and for the formatting of your paper.
Kring, A. M., Johnson, S. L., Davison, G. C., & Neale, J. M. (2016). Abnormal psychology: The science and treatment of psychological disorders (13th ed.). Hoboken, NJ: Wiley.
Solution preview for the order on learning more about schizophrenia