Read Chapter 10 in the course text on Intimacy. After reading the chapter, write a summary. State the ideas of the chapter that you consider
Week 11 Unit 10 DB Prompt Intimacy READ
22 unread replies.22 replies.
Week 11 Unit 10 DB Prompt: Intimacy
Before completing this assignment. Read the Discussion Board Expectations/Instructions in Unit 10.
Read Chapter 10 in the course text on Intimacy.
After reading the chapter, write a summary. State the ideas of the chapter that you consider important.
Select one idea about intimacy that you want to improve in you life.
Explain the idea in your own words.
Develop a plan to implement the improvement(s) in your life. That is, discuss what steps you will take to improve your life in this area.
Discussion Board Instructions/Expectations [READ]
Chapter Discussion Boards are a major part of the course as well as a big part of your overall grade in the course. Interaction is the key to learning! For this course, interaction is based on discussion board posts.
- Each student must post their own response to the discussion board question (called an original thread) along with posting a response to at least two other student postings (called a peer response).
- When you respond to a peer posting, you don’t always have to agree with them. Use your critical thinking skills and analyze their response, give more details or challenge their assumptions. Being a good student means using critical thinking! You will want to create discussion board assignments that are meaningful and interesting to you personally and to your colleagues in the class.
- This assignment is a discussion between you and your classmates. It is not necessary to evaluate the post. You will need to stay away from evaluative statements: “You did a really great job. You have all the required information and I like your structure, it is organized.” Address the chapter prompt.
- Do not use material from your original post in your peer responses (including the textbook references).
- Do not copy and paste materials from any peer original threads in your response, i.e., …when you said “and then you copy and paste a chunk from the original thread you are responding to…” Yeah, that, don’t do that.
Textbook References: Clear references to the textbook are required in both the original thread post and both peer responses for all course DBs.
- Textbook references should come from the chapter(s) specified in the assignment prompt and be clearly connected to your post and the assignment topic.
- Be sure and include the chapter and page number from the textbook in your posts, for example (chapter 2, 59), just as you would do for any research paper/post!
Chapter DBs: You can earn a total of 10 points per discussion board: 5 points maximum for your original thread posting and 5 points maximum for your response to 2 or more other student’s postings:
- Original threads/posts should be at least 400-500 words total and have a least one clear and connected textbook reference from the specified chapter with a proper citation (chapter number, page number).
- Each of the two peer responses should be at least 150 words each in length and have a least 1 textbook reference from the specified chapter. You will have one textbook reference in each of your peer response posts.
- Participants must create/post a thread in order to view other threads in each forum.
- Please do not include prompt/DB questions in your posts.
- Your post should be in essay format (paragraphs), not a list of answers with bullets
- Grammar and spelling should be checked and corrected before you post. You cannot edit or delete your post once you submit/post it. Do not post a response to your original post with additional information or materials.
- Do not submit your post as an attachment or link(i.e., Word file, Google Docs, etc). It must be typed/copy & pasted into the text box.
- All DB assignments require multiple textbook references
- PLEASE DON’T FORGET TWO DIFFERENT DISCUSSION
Answer preview for Read Chapter 10 in the course text on Intimacy. After reading the chapter, write a summary. State the ideas of the chapter that you consider