These images are screen captures from the video game Tomb Raider.
1 These images are screen captures from the video game Tomb Raider. They are from two different time periods. What if these were documents people were using to discuss our culture? Using what you have learned from this class write a 25 point essay describing its form and content. Think of the various themes that we have studied and how these images are examples of those themes. How do they relate in form and content to other images studied in this class? Think of all of the themes that it might interact with and provide specific examples from the text that you would compare and contrast it with. Also feel free to discuss the distinctions that might be found in each of the representations of Lara Croft.
2. Pick a work of art from the textbook and examine the relationship of its form and content to the cultures that produced it. What does the system of signs and symbols and the method of delivering them relate to culture itself? Think about the materials, geography, societal goals, themes of the course, etc. in analyzing the work of art.
3. Compare and Contrast HALL OF MIRRORS at Versailles with Anselm Kiefer BREAKING OF THE VESSELS
4. Compare and Contrast Kara Walker THEY WAZ NICE… with James VanDerZee SOCIETY LADIES
5.Compare and contrast Sergei M. Eisenstein THE BATTLESHIP POTEMKIN with Andres Serrano THE MORGUE
6. Compare and contrast EMPERROR JUSTINIAN AND HIS ATTENDANTS with Jacque-Louis David’s OATH OF THE HORATII
7.Compare and Contrast CODEX BORBONICUS with Fernand Leger THE CITY
8.Examine Cindy Sherman’s UNTITLED FILM STILL #35 in terms of the ideas presented in the chapter on Race, Gender, Clan, and Class
9. Examine Olowe of Ise PALACE SCULPTURE in terms of the ideas presented in the chapter on Race, Gender, Clan and Class.
10. Examine Simon Rodia’s WATTS TOWERS in terms of the ideas presented in the chapter on Nature Knowledge and Technology.
11.Examine Lewis Hine’s LEO in terms of the ideas presented in Chapter on Nature, Knowledge and Technology
12. Examine HEAD FROM THE TOMB with the ideas presented in the chapter on Power, Politics, and Glory.
Solution preview for the order on These images are screen captures from the video game Tomb Raider.