Post a brief summary of the article you selected. Include the key reimbursement issue addressed and how they would impact the NP in a
Please keep In mind this is a Nurse Practitioner clinicals.
Clinicals happen in a family practice office that sees on average 60 pediatrics and adults patients a day. This is not a hospital, we do not admit patients, we are a primary care office.
At least 3 references. For each journals and the discussion.
This is a total of 3 journals and 2 discussion, 1.5-2 pages
- Discussion: Reimbursement Issues for Nurse Practitioners
- Discussion: State Practice Agreements
Understanding the complex process of accurate coding and billing is essential to a sustainable practice. As NPs, we are ultimately responsible for ensuring all coding and billing is accurate for each patient seen. For this Discussion, you will search the health care literature and summarize a peer-reviewed journal article published within the last five years.
- Select one of the following topics:
- Applying for Medicare and Medicaid Provider Numbers
- Application process for National Provider Identifier Number
- Incident to billing
- Coding-Evaluation & Management
- Fraudulent billing
- Billing Self-Pay patients
- Managed Care Organizations
- Conduct a search and select a peer-reviewed journal article published within the last five years related to the topic you selected.
- 3 references at least
Note: For this Discussion, all students are to avoid all written work, which reviews or outlines coding and billing at previous or current worksites as well as previous or current practicum sites.
By Day 3
Post a brief summary of the article you selected. Include the key reimbursement issue addressed and how they would impact the NP in a collaborative practice versus and independent practice. Discuss an ethical or legal implication(s) associated with your article.
This week you will have an opportunity to evaluate state practice agreements in your state and examine issues related to Nurse Practitioner (NPs) practice.
- Review practice agreements in your state
- Identify at least two physician collaboration issues in your state (Florida)
- At least 3 references
By Day 3
Post a brief description of the practice agreements for Nurse Practitioners in your state and the two physician collaboration issues that you identified. Explain what you think are the barriers to NPs practicing independently in your state. Finally, outline a plan for how you might address NP practice issues in your state.
3-5 PRACTICUM JOURNAL
Continue documenting your Practicum Experiences in your Practicum Journal. Reflect on your Practicum Experiences and relate them to your Professional Goals and Self-Assessment of Clinical Skills that you identified in Week 1.
- This can be about 3 different patient cases
- 3 references for each
8 mins agoREQUIREMENTS
The 3 journals are on patient cases
Answer preview for Post a brief summary of the article you selected. Include the key reimbursement issue addressed and how they would impact the NP in a