Pile it High and Let it Fly at Costco
Scenario: Costco pays generous wages and benefits in accord with CEO Jim Sinegal’s maxim: “Taking care of your employees and turning inventory faster than your people is good business.” The chain is experiencing booming growth and surging revenue and profits. Costco uses human resources technology in its management of applicants and employees.
After reading the case study, conduct independent research to help support your paper. Describe the assessment processes used. Then in a 2 – 3 page paper address the following:
- Provide an overview of the human resources technology used at Costco
- Describe what assessment methods they use
- Answer the following questions:
- What can you learn from Costco?
- Do they really value their team?
- Do they practice what they preach?
- Your conclusion on the importance of HR technology
- Be sure to use APA style with at least two sources cited
Solution Preview for Pile it High and Let it Fly at Costco