Distinct ways that organisms defend themselves
Ecology essay questions, one page per question (double space)
1. Using an example, explain how the phenotype of an organism in the present could be explained by some combination of gene flow, selection, and genetic drift in the past. How would you distinguish one agent of evolutionary change from another? A complete answer must address all three agents, even if they are not of equal magnitude in your example. Note that this example can be hypothetical –we are looking for insight into evolutionary change, not specific details on a real organism.
2.Organisms that are consumed by other organisms –the resources in consumer/resource interactions –are generally under strong selection pressure to avoid or minimize damage from their consumers. Describe three distinct ways that organisms defend themselves (i.e., reduce the likelihood of being consumed), using one counterexample plant,one from vertebrate, undone from an insect.For one of these examples, also give an example of how a consumer’s morphology,behavior, or physiology has responded to overcome this defense. You can draw examples from the textbook, lecture material, or other resources but all examples should be real organisms.
Solution preview for the order on Distinct ways that organisms defend themselves
- Identify an organism that lives within 50 miles of your home.
- Microorganism for your paper on pathology or microbe-environment interactions
- An attack to the water system is the easiest way to get to the masses since there is no substitute to water
- Evolution theory gets attributed to Charles Darwin that he wrote in the book theory of evolution, as he claimed that organisms
- How does Obesity affect the organism on a cellular and molecular level?
- Whats the difference between good bacteria and bad