One disparity in health outcomes by race, gender, class, OR age as described in The End Game
The End Game is the result of recent sociological research on the aging and the relationship between age and health. The End Game is only 148 pages, so it is a relatively quick read but don’t delay getting started on it! You will need to identify examples of sociological theories in our text that help explain Abraham’s findings.
This paper is intended to give you the opportunity to demonstrate your understanding of some of the sociological theories regarding health and illness, explain the intersections of race, gender, class, and age regarding health and healthcare, and apply what you have learned in class. You will address the following prompts:
1. Explain one disparity in health outcomes by race, gender, class, OR age as described in The End Game. You may include a discussion of structural inequalities and cultural and social networks, if you feel it is appropriate.
2. Apply at least one theory covered in our text to Abramson’s work. Explain the theory you chose and why it is appropriate to apply to Abramson’s research.
3. Describe and explain how the categories of race, gender, class, and age intersect in Abramson’s research. Explain why it is important to examine how all or some of these categories intersect. You may include a discussion of structural inequalities and cultural and social networks, if you feel it is appropriate.
Each response must follow the guidelines and grading rubric.
• You must cite, with page numbers, all information taking from either our text or Abramson’s research. No outside resources allowed. You are expected to support your answers with information from the text. All responses must have citations from the text and from Abramson’s work.
• Each response must be at least 750 words (your paper should be 2-3 pages plus a page of references). It must be fully developed, demonstrate your understanding of the inequalities of health, health care, and health outcomes by one of the categories listed.
• All work must be in your own words. You are expected to paraphrase and cite appropriately.
Solution PreviewDespite the advancement in the diagnosis and treatment of various illnesses around the world, there is discrimination in health care settings which causes disparities in health outcomes. Black people and other ethnic minorities receive low-quality health care than nonminorities which results in ethnic minority patients experiencing higher mortality rates from…………………………………...