1. Obtain a scholarly nursing journal on Innovation and Change in Clinical Nursing Practice or Nursing Education. Download the article (you will post it for your peers to review). There are several articles in the resources for the class.
2. Write your Literature Review (almost like an abstract), summarizing the key concepts presented in the article (you do not need to report statistical findings or elaborate on the type of research conducted). Identify the change process model used. – do not describe the model. (Example: The change process used was Lewin’s Model of Change.)
Make sure to identify the (1) problem/need for change/rationale for change, (2) the setting (practice or education) identified, and (3) how the results/findings could be implemented in the identified setting. Limit to 1-3 paragraphs- quality over quantity!
3. Attach the article to your discussion post
Respond to at least ONE peer that does not already have a response, and include the following:
1. After reviewing the article, identify 3 salient (relevant) points presented in the article in terms of the change proposed and the setting for the change, include a rationale/evidence for each point. For example, if you review an article about the implementation of simulation in nursing education to simulate clinical preparedness, you might conclude that: According to __________ (year), 65% nursing students in the study reported that simulation helped them learn psychomotor tasks better than the classroom environment and they felt more prepared when performing those skills in the clinical setting. When the simulation has been included in the curriculum at Stratford, it helped me feel better prepared and more confident during the clinical for the course….
2. then, Identify the change process/model used to implement the change.
Identify the steps in the change process. (Example, The change process used was Lewin’s Model of Change. The three steps of the model are one, two, three.
Then describe those steps in the change process/model.
Include the reference to the original article and any additional articles. Reminder to only utilize reliable and SCHOLARLY nursing references, such as nursing textbooks, ATI textbooks, scholarly peer-reviewed publications, and scholarly websites (ends in .org, .edu or .gov). Do not use .com, .net, wikis, blogs, or non-scholarly sources.
In-text citations are a must!