Characteristic features of what it is to be human, such as morality and freedom, could never be explained scientifically.
Each topic consists of a statement or thesis. The essay must consist of an argument or set of arguments in favor or against that statement. Please consider using the following format for your essay draft: 12-point times, with double spacing, and a one-inch margin on each side. Also, consider using a minimum of ten bibliographic references. Any citation style is acceptable provided it is used consistently. Please use google scholar to find the articles. All the instructions are uploaded.
Observations can’t confirm or disconfirm a theory because observations are theory-laden.
2) The dogmatism that accompanies commitment to a paradigm during a period of normal
science is bad for science and should be replaced by the critical attitude that is
characteristic of scientific revolutions.
3) The view that theories that belong to different paradigms are incommensurable leads to
relativism about scientific knowledge.
4) The reason why our best scientific theories posit unobservable entities such as sub-atomic
particles rather than angels and demons is not that sub-atomic particles are real while
angels are mythological. The reason is rather that sub-atomic particles are much more
useful myths for predicting future experience in light of past experience than angels or
5) Characteristic features of what it is to be human, such as morality and freedom, could
never be explained scientifically.
6) While both scientific theories and methods of theory assessment have changed through
history, the process of scientific change nonetheless exhibits lawful patterns (e.g.
Barseghyan’s scientonomy or Laudan’s reticulating model of scientific change).
Solution preview for the order on Characteristic features of what it is to be human, such as morality and freedom, could never be explained scientifically.