What does it take to be a Great Leader
What does it take to be a Great Leader?
Throughout this course, you will be creating a personalized leadership handbook that can be used for years to come. We will research and apply management techniques in each class assignment, and at the end of eight weeks, you will have a blueprint for your success as a manager.
Let us look at four essential management concepts: planning, organizing, leading, and controlling. Using the class text and, predominately, articles from Trident Library’s full-text databases (like Academic Search Complete, Business Source Complete, and/or ProQuest Central), research each of the essential management functions. Do not use any quotations. Consider best practices from a management perspective. Talking points are included for each of the functions.
• A manager’s role in supporting the company’s vision and mission
• Managerial participation in strategic, tactical, and operational planning
• How managers establish and track goals and objectives for themselves and their teams
• Organization Design, including individual job responsibilities
• Maintaining Corporate Culture and Social Networks
• Leadership and Decision-Making
• Working in Groups or Teams
• Motivating subordinates
• Systems/Processes (Establishing and tracking performance standards)
• Strategic Human Resources: having the right people in positions
Since you are engaging in research, be sure to cite and reference the sources in APA format. NOTE: Failure to use research with accompanying citations to support content will result in reduced scoring “Level 2-Developing” for Meets Assignment Requirements, Critical Thinking, and Use of Sources and Mechanics on the grading rubric.
The paper should be written in the third person; this means words like “I,” “we,” and “you” are not appropriate. Refer to yourself in the third person as “manager,” or you can write about what the “project team” will do, rather than saying “I” and “we.”
• Trident University International’s cover page
• A 3-page paper with APA citations (2- or 3-sentence introduction, 3-page body, 2- or 3-sentence conclusion)
• The reference list page in APA format
Solution preview for the order on What does it take to be a Great Leader