Children can have difficulty understanding all the new expectations in kindergarten
Children can have difficulty understanding all the new expectations in kindergarten as schools often have very different curricular and schedule expectations. Using the chapters and readings from this week, what strategies would you advise a kindergarten teacher to adopt that would prevent challenging behavior at the beginning of the year for incoming students? Choose just a couple key strategies and include supporting discussion of why they would support kindergarteners’ social-emotional competence.
To get full credit you are responsible for an initial post, approximately a paragraph in length, that includes at least one citation (can be from the readings, something you found in the references of the readings, or your own search).
- Textbook Chapter 7: Preventing Challenging Behavior: The Social Climate
- Choose one of the following to read:
- NAEYC article: Preventing and Responding to Relational Aggression in Preschool ClassroomsActions-ATTACHED
- NAEYC article: Three for One: Supporting Social, Emotional, and Mathematical Development Actions-Attached
- Textbook Chapter 8: Preventing Challenging Behavior: Physical Environment, Routines, and Transitions
- IJEP article: Impact of Classroom Environment on Children’s Social BehaviorActions-attached
BOOK;;Kaiser, B., & Rasminsky J.S. (2017). Challenging behavior in young children (4th edition). Pearson.
Solution preview for the order on children can have difficulty understanding all the new expectations in kindergarten