Use structural theory to explain the behavior of one major power
It should address ONE of the following prompts, using only lecture notes and Fromkin (Fromkin, David. Europe’s Last Summer: who started the Great War in 1914? Vintage Books. 2005.):
1. Use structural theory to explain the behavior of one major power in 1914.
2. Use institutional theory to explain the behavior of Austria, Hungary, Germany, and Russia in 1914.
3. Explain the security dilemma using WWI data to illustrate it.
4. Use WWI to illustrate the balance of power.
5. Explain the problem or paradox of domestic commitment.
Balance of power is the existence of stability amid competing powers whereby power is shared between appropriate entities equally. In international relations, balance of power connotes the equilibrium that exists among alliances or countries to prevent any of the entities from gaining more power and consequently the ability……………………….