Information Systems in Management
YourFire, Inc., is a small business owned by Curt and Julie Robards. Based in Brisbane, Australia, YourFire manufactures and sells a lightweight camping stove called the Fired Now. Curt, who previously worked as an aerospace engineer, invented and patented a burning nozzle that enables the stove to stay lit in very high winds—up to 90 miles per hour. Julie, an industrial designer by training, developed an elegant folding design that is small, lightweight, easy to set up, and very stable. Curt and Julie manufacture the stove in their garage, and they sell it directly to their customers over the Internet and via phone.
- Explain how an analysis of the five competitive forces could help YourFire.
- What does YourFire’s competitive strategy seem to be?
- Describe, in general terms, how information systems can support the competitive strategy for YourFire..
Microsoft offers free licenses of certain software products to students at colleges and universities that participate in the Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) Academic Alliance (AA). Here is a partial list of the software available under the program:
Microsoft Access 2010
One Note 2010
Expression Studio 4
Windows 2008 Server
Microsoft Project 2010
Visual Studio Developer
SQL Server 2008
- Research each of the above software products and explain the function of each.
- Which of these software products are operating systems and which are application programs?
- Which of these programs are DBMS products?
Why would Microsoft offer free software to students at universities and colleges?
A business organization is composed of very many parts. The amount of data in an organization is way too much. However, this data is useless unless it is analyzed and processed to valuable information. The information prepared is what enables the management ……………………………..