In this paper you will:• Identify a recent (prefer < 10 years old) corporate ethics scandal and find the company’s codeof conduct / corporate
Learning Goal: I’m working on a management writing question and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
The text notes that it is unclear how effective corporate codes or conduct are in achieving the desired
behavior from members of the organization. In this paper you will:
• Identify a recent (prefer < 10 years old) corporate ethics scandal and find the company’s code
of conduct / corporate values online.
• Provide a summary of the scandal and identify how the behavior that created the scandal
violates these codes and any ways it did not.
• Provide recommendations to update the code so that the probability of these types of scandals
could be reduced in the future.
• Identify what management behaviors should be adopted to improve the probability that the
changes to the code are successful.
• Explain what management systems (e.g. processes, goals, etc.) contributed to the scandal.
• Provide recommendations of new and improved management systems to reduce the
probabilities of these scandals in the future.
Rules and Considerations for the Paper
• Use the material presented in class, assigned in readings, and any external research you find
necessary to answer the prompt above. Papers which represent only an “opinion piece” will not
earn a passing grade.
• Your submission should be written as a paper with a clean flow (e.g., logical transitions between
sections) that addresses the key points of the assignment above and the key points of your
• An important component of this assignment is for you to demonstrate your ability to synthesize
the (sometimes conflicting) information on this subject to form a logical argument for your
recommendations that is well- supported by outside sources. Remember that a paper written on
your opinions without support, will not earn a passing grade.
• 2 pages (maximum), Times New Roman 12 Point Font, 1.5 spacing and 1” margins.
• Name right justified on top of page 1, page number in the lower right corner of all pages.
• APA format for citations and references (separate page, not in page limit) must be utilized for all
2007. A manual for writers of research papers, theses and dissertations
• Your paper should be submitted by 1:40 p.m. on the due date through the Assignment folder in
Brightspace. Anyone having difficulty with Brightspace should bring a hard copy of the paper to
my office to avoid late penalties.
Answer preview for In this paper you will:• Identify a recent (prefer < 10 years old) corporate ethics scandal and find the company’s codeof conduct / corporate