In this assignment, you will compare similarities and differences between 2 countries or economies and how their economic, political, and
Learning Goal: I’m working on a business writing question and need a sample draft to help me learn.
In this assignment, you will compare similarities and differences between 2 countries or economies and how their economic, political, and cultural development since 1992 has influenced their economic growth and trade competitiveness.
Save and upload each part of the assessment as a separate file and title the files so it’s clear to see what part of the assessment they serve. Include your name in your documents on the first page, upper left.
World Economies Comparison Presentation
The economic growth and trade competitiveness of countries can be influenced by the economic, political, and cultural development within the country. There are several countries that can be compared to see how a successful economy’s decisions differed from a less-successful economy.
Step 1: Select Economies
Review the pairs of economies listed below. Each pair has 1 highly successful country and 1 less successful country, except for NAFTA /EU.
- NAFTA vs. European Union (world’s two largest economic entities)
- China vs. India (world’s two most populous countries)
- South Korea vs. North Korea (two polar economic opposites, one people)
- Venezuela vs. Saudi Arabia (world’s two largest sources of oil reserves)
- Nigeria vs. Democratic Republic of the Congo (functioning government and civil order vs. struggling government and violent clashes among factions; note: the Republic of the Congo is not the same country as the Democratic Republic of the Congo)
Research the economies for your chosen pair of countries.
Compare similarities and differences between your chosen countries/economies.
Continue to Step 2: Create a Presentation.
In a 14- to 15-slide presentation with detailed speaker’s notes and visual elements, including graphs and tables, explain how their economic, political, and cultural development since 1992 has influenced their economic growth and trade competitiveness.
Include the following in your presentation:
- Use tables or graphs to support your analysis of the following economic statistics/indicators of your 2 chosen economies through the most recent year available since 2009 (the trough of the last economic cycle):
- GDP per capita growth over time
- Inflation rate over time
- Unemployment rate over time
- Exports as a percentage of GDP over time
- National government debt as a percentage of GDP
Whenever possible, plot the metric for both economies on the same chart.
Evaluate the reasons why the economic growth of the 2 economies/countries varied. Discuss how international trade influenced the strength of each economy. Discuss the role of value chains and value-added production.
Analyze how the failure to use value-added trade measures distorts trade statistics.
Examine at least 2 industries that have provided each economy a comparative advantage in world trade.
Cite at least 2 academically credible sources.
- Learning material main sources are: (from chapters 3,4,5,6 &7)
- McConnell, C. R., Brue, S. L., & Flynn, S. M. (2021). Economics: Principles, problems, and policies (22nd ed.). McGraw-Hill Education.Pugel, T. A. (2020). International economics (17th ed.). McGraw-Hill Education.
Answer preview for In this assignment, you will compare similarities and differences between 2 countries or economies and how their economic, political, and