Identify the risk level using page 75 and explain why? What additional information would you like to know and how would that
Learning Goal: I’m working on a writing discussion question and need guidance to help me learn.
Review the 3 cases listed below. (Also listed in your book p. 87-88)
For EACH case:
1) Identify the risk level using page 75 and explain why? (low, middle, high) – (minimum 1 paragraph) 4 points
2) What additional information would you like to know and how would that information be useful? – (minimum 1 paragraph) 4 points
3) What appropriate intervention or next steps would you take with this client as supported in the text? Make sure to include in cultural or identity considerations (age, gender, culture, ethnicity, etc.) – (minimum 2-3 paragraphs) 12 points
A 19 year old Asian boy has received two Ds on his college report card and feels he has shamed his family. He plans to kill himself by jumping off the highest building on campus. He knows that six other people have successfully ended their lives in this way over the past ten years.
A 45 year old woman is very depressed. All of her children are grown and married. She has been divorced for 20 years, and she is dissatisfied with her job. She sees no reason to live but has no specific plan to kill herself. She feels like a burden to her children.
A 68 year old man whose wife died six months ago is very depressed and wants to shoot himself. He has a loaded gun at home. His dog has just died.
Your responses will be graded on:
– is the feedback/response well thought-out?
– does it reflect information discussed in the text, slides, and discussions?
– does it make sense?
Answer preview for Identify the risk level using page 75 and explain why? What additional information would you like to know and how would that