How would you approach energizing interest within an organization, and how would you guide learning within the organization?
Learning leadership in the organization will require full engagement by all members in the present and in the future. In the past, the learning and development community, along with human resource professionals and some managers, focused on this part of organizational life (Bersin, 2019). Many line managers become frustrated with traditional approaches to learning and academic enforcement of new technologies and new approaches (Bersin, 2019). Effective learning in the flow of work has become a new and powerful way in which employees learned just when it is needed (Bersin, 2019). All leaders in the organization have to be engaged with learning and willing to embrace what works, regardless of tradition or source.
The future places learning and development leaders in a state where awareness of all emerging technologies and approaches must be present. Awareness of commercial sources is essential. We have to listen to line managers and employees about real on the ground challenges that call for spinning up technical skills fast. Also leaders be must be included in the dialogue surrounding how learning is managed. Please respond to the following:
- How would you approach energizing interest within an organization, and how would you guide learning within the organization?
The organizational commitment to developing leaders is critical. Start with the Simon Sinek articles and then the supporting articles about how organizations raise leader performance:
- Girl Scouts of the USA ranked #2 on World Value Index: The world’s largest leadership organization for girls rises to the top, demonstrating strong brand purpose, mission, and relevancy and showing that girls matter. (2017). PR Newswire.
- Entrepreneurs inside: Why it makes sense to nurture entrepreneurs within the organization [leadership]. (2018). The Economic Times.
- A conversation with Simon Sinek. (2019). LIMRA’s MarketFacts Quarterly, (3), 8–10.
- Leadership development study reveals biggest leadership lapses: Brandon Hall group’s latest leadership development research reveals the current state of leadership development, critical questions organizations must answer and how leadership development can be improved. (2020). PR Newswire.
- Dyer, J. (2017). Where is your organization on the leadership spectrum? Industry Week.
- Hougaard, R., & Carter, J. (2018). Creating people-centric leadership and organizations. Leadership Excellence, 35(5), 40–42.
- Moll, S. B. (2016). Uplifting leadership: How organizations, teams, and communities raise performance. The Journal of Applied Christian Leadership, 10(1), 82–83.
- Nayak, A. (2016). Wisdom and the tragic question: Moral learning and emotional perception in leadership and organisations. Journal of Business Ethics, 137(1), 1–13.
- Whiteman, H. (2013). Media spotlight: Start with why by Simon Sinek. MortgageStrategy (Online), 43.
Answer preview for How would you approach energizing interest within an organization, and how would you guide learning within the organization?