How does marketing impact the consumption of water, and how has this impact changed since the mid-20th century?
1. Recognize an understanding of the overall marketing concepts, goals and strategies within the context of
organizations goals and strategies. (CLO-1)
2. Develop critical and analytical thinking necessary to overcome challenges and issues of marketing in the
changing global environment. (CLO-4)
Part-A: Case Study
Read the Chapter Case Study “A Flood of Water Consumption Choices” from Chapter No- 1
“Overview of Marketing” Page: – 24 and 25 given in your textbook/E-book – “Marketing”
(8th ed.) by Dhruv. Grewal and Michael Levy (2022) and answer the following Questions:
1. How does marketing impact the consumption of water, and how has this impact changed
since the mid-20th century? (2.5 Marks)
2. Describe three distinct target markets for drinking water. How does marketing create value
for each of these segments using the four Ps: product, price, place, and promotion? (2.5
3. How has changing societal values impacted the way in which water is purchased and
consumed? (2.5 Marks)
Part-B: Critical Thinking
Reading required: – Read Chapter 3, 5, 6 and 7 carefully and then put your answers based on
1. Suppose you own an herbal tea company and you want to introduce a new product called
Mint-Enhanced Tea—a mint and lemon herbal tea. Being a marketer, how you should go
about creating excitement using various social and mobile media tools?
Chapter-3. (2.5 Marks) (Minimum 150 words)
2. Today, marketers cannot ignore consumers’ concerns about the environmental impact of
the firm’s activities. What are some of the environmental concerns consumers have
regarding marketing activities? Critically examine how can marketers address these
important concerns? Chapter-5 (2.5 Marks) (Minimum 150 words)
3. Taking into account the example of buying “iPads” for personal use versus buying more
than “100 iPads” for a firm, how you can differentiate between the consumer buying
process discussed in Chapter-6 and the B2B buying process discussed in Chapter-7?
Chapter-6 and 7 (2.5 Marks) (Minimum 150 words)
Answer preview for How does marketing impact the consumption of water, and how has this impact changed since the mid-20th century?