Health Care Laws and Regulatory Issues
Like all laws, health care laws start as a health care policy and make their way through the legislative process to become a law. It is important to understand that hundreds of policies and ideas work through this process each year; however, only a select few will become a law. The purpose of this assignment is for you to read about a current regulatory issue in health care and understand how laws support the regulation of the health care industry.
Research and identify one article or a current legal case within the last 3 to 5 years (e.g., an issue that went to court to have the court determine the outcome) that involves one of the following issues:
- A regulatory issue in health care
- A regulatory issue specific to institutional health care
Write a 350- to 700-word paper that includes the following:
- Summarize the case or article.
- Define a law involved with the chosen regulatory issue from a state level (choose one common state) and a federal level.
- Explain how and why the law was created.
- Consider what you have read in the article or legal case on the selected regulatory issue, and explain the impact the regulatory issues and trends have on the health care industry.
Cite 1 peer-reviewed, scholarly, or similar reference to support your paper.
Format your assignment according to APA guidelines.
Solution Preview for Health Care Laws and Regulatory Issues