Fundamentals of Educational Research
Instructions: For this assignment, you will write a method paper than contains the items listed in the content below.
The assignment needs to include the following areas of content.
- Intervention – Overview (.5 point): In no more than one page, explain your proposed intervention.
- Intervention – Literature Review (1 point): In no more than one page, discuss your literature review and how it informs your proposed intervention.
- Intervention – Benefits (.5 point): In no more than one page, explain why you think your population will benefit from the intervention. Ensure your explanation draws on the literature you are using to support this choice of intervention.
- Intervention Plan (2 points): In one- to two-pages, describe in chronological order how you will implement your intervention and provide a hypothetical yet practical timeframe for these steps.
- Ethics – Philosophy (.5 point): In one- to two-paragraphs, explain how this intervention fits within your philosophy of teaching. You may have written a philosophy in EDU623 or another prior course.
- Ethics – Social Principles (.5 point): In one- to two-paragraphs, explain how this intervention relates to your social principles as an educator.
- Ethics – Harm (1 point): In one- to two-paragraphs, explain how the literature you reviewed leads you to believe what you are doing is an appropriate intervention.
- Ethics – Protection (.5 point): In one- to two-paragraphs, explain your planned measures to ensure you are protecting the study participants and doing no harm.
- Ethics – Bias (.5 point): In one- to two-paragraphs, explain your planned measures to ensure the study yields unbiased results.
- Data Collection Procedures (1 point): In one page, revise your triangulation matrix from the Week Three Triangulation discussion adding a column that includes how and when you will collect your data. This timeline will be hypothetical and approximate. The Data Collection Procedures section can follow this example:
|Research Questions||Data Collection Tool||Why this tool? Justify its use in your study. How does it match with what you are attempting to find and to measure?||Timeframe:
How and when data will be collected.
|What are students’ perceived confidence levels with learning new math concepts through digital/virtual learning forums exclusively?||One
assessment Likert survey
|Allows students to rate their level of perceived confidence with learning math concepts through digital or virtual learning forums as opposed to a live teacher. Provides multiple question types to gather wider breadth of potential student concerns.||Phase 1:
Given for up to first three days of study depending upon attendance in the first 15 minutes of class-computer lab.
The assignment needs to adhere to the following areas for written communication.
- Page Requirement (.5 point): The assignment must be four to six pages, not including title and references pages.
- APA Formatting (.5 point): Use APA formatting consistently throughout.
- Syntax and Mechanics (.5 point): Display meticulous comprehension and organization of syntax and mechanics, such as spelling and grammar. Your written work should contain no errors and be very easy to understand.
- Source Requirement (.5 point): Use no less than two scholarly sources in addition to the course textbooks, providing compelling evidence to support ideas. All sources on the reference page need to be used and cited correctly within the body of the assignment.
Review and Submit the Assignment
Review your assignment with the Grading Rubric to be sure you have achieved the distinguished levels of performance for each criterion. Next, submit the assignment to the course room for evaluation no later than day 7 of the week.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
This week, you will expand your ideas for implementing an intervention or innovation and reveal your proposed plan for your study. You will detail the steps involved in the intervention or innovation including identifying roles of study team members, negotiations that need to be conducted, an approximate timeline of intervention steps, necessary resources, and an overview of data collection techniques. You will also take the time to self-reflect on the action research process and the benefit to utilizing digital tools such as the e-portfolio when collecting, sharing, and archiving artifacts demonstrating your new learning and skills related to action research.
Solution PreviewIn an effort to make sure that school violence does not take place any more, there are two main interventions that I propose should be implemented. The first of this is that there should be creation of law that is stricter on the issue of school violence. This means that the people that are…………………………………….