For this assignment, you will need to consider the hiring practices of Abercrombie & Fitch and Hooters. These companies have faced
Prior to beginning work on this assignment,
- Read Chapter 10 in the course textbook. attached
- Read the article 3 Keys to Closing Workforce Planning Gaps.
- Review the article Strategic Workforce Planning—A Vital Business Activity.
- Watch the Week 3 Assignment video above with Dr. Paula Zobisch, Program Chair of Entrepreneurship.
- View the video the Discrimination: Crash Course Philosophy #41 (Links to an external site.) video.
For this assignment, you will need to consider the hiring practices of Abercrombie & Fitch and Hooters. These companies have faced controversy and court cases based on the hiring and not hiring of certain employees. This is a direct reflection of each company’s strategic workforce planning process. First, search court cases relating to these two companies to gain an understanding of the court cases. Discuss the outcomes of each court case. Then, reflect if each company used the proper strategy in hiring taking into consideration discrimination. Next, identify a company where the strategic workforce planning process helped make the company stronger. Be specific as to why you selected the company from a strategic workforce planning perspective and how the strategy has enhanced the company.
In The Strategic Workforce Planning Process paper,
- Identify at least two court cases relating to Abercrombie & Fitch and Hooters.
- Discuss the outcomes of each court case.
- Reflect on each company’s strategic workforce planning.
- Identify a company where the strategic workforce planning process strengthened the company, giving supporting facts and rational.
The Strategic Workforce Planning Process paper
- Must be three to four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages and formatted according to APA style.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of Paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must utilize academic voice.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- Must use at least two scholarly and/or credible sources in addition to the course text.
- Utilize correct APA formatting for legal sources include case law and legislation.
- Avoid over-dependence on direct quotes. Direct quotes are a great way to strengthen our assertions and provide support. However, be sure to avoid using excessive direct quotes in lieu of original thought. Direct quotes will not meet the requirement for analysis, application, and critical thinking. Please ensure to not overuse direct quote.
- Must include a separate references page
Answer preview for For this assignment, you will need to consider the hiring practices of Abercrombie & Fitch and Hooters. These companies have faced