For this assignment, you will identify and analyze politics, stressors, ethical concerns, and attitudes found in the criminal justice system
For this assignment, you will identify and analyze politics, stressors, ethical concerns,
and attitudes found in the criminal justice system by reading events involving
professionals working in law enforcement, corrections or the courts.
Select and read at least three recent events regarding law enforcement officers,
corrections officers, or court personnel as it is related to ethical or unethical
behavior. Write a paper that gives a brief description of each incident researched.
Your paper must include answers to each of the following questions. Your paper must
also include an APA formatted reference page citing your sources. You will be
provided with directions on the length requirement for this assignment.
• What were some of the “ethical” situations within the organization that may have
been of concern? (e.g., accepting gratuities; inadequate leadership, use of force,
abuse of power etc.) Did these factors play a significant role in the outcome of
• Was there on-the-job stress? If so, what may have caused it? Does the stress
contribute to unethical behavior? Are the problems described work-related or
• What, if anything, do you think could have been done differently to minimize or
eliminate the unethical behavior, stress and attitudes in this incident?
Next, you are to prepare reflective written responses for each of the statements
• What are some of the current sources of stress for the criminal justice
• Do you believe that agencies provide adequate ethical training and assistance
with managing occupational stressors?
• What politics do you believe exist within the field of criminal justice? Please
• Describe several ethical concerns impacting criminal justice professionals.
• What solutions would you recommend for addressing occupational stressors and
concerns impacting criminal justice professionals today? Please defend your
Answer preview for For this assignment, you will identify and analyze politics, stressors, ethical concerns, and attitudes found in the criminal justice system