Explain your reasoning for the purpose of the job analysis and the relationship to individual needs and corporate strategy. Evaluate why it
You are the new HR leader for a small manufacturing firm located in the Midwest. During your interview, the owner of the company expressed an urgent need for a complete staffing review due to the fact that a substantial amount of technical change had occurred at the plant over the past decade without regard to the job description or the requirements of the position.
Establishing the proper staffing process is important to reaching a successful outcome. You must have a firm understanding of how you will accomplish the task of reviewing the actions and behaviors of each role and/or position within the organization. The owner of the manufacturing firm has asked for a structured three-section report explaining how the project will be accomplished and where the process will begin. With the concerns of the owner in mind, you will develop a detailed report, defining the process, the reasoning for conducting the job analysis, the resulting job design, and the performance evaluation process for each position and/or role within the organization.
Your project must be designed in such a way that is understandable to both administrators and subordinates and comprehensive in the results.
Section 1 – Job Analysis(Three to four pages and two scholarly resources in addition to the text.) Use keywords and HRM language that are connected to each of the header areas. Include resources that support your findings.
- Part 1 – Explain your reasoning for the purpose of the job analysis and the relationship to individual needs and corporate strategy. Evaluate why it is important to perform a job analysis for the positions within the organization.
- Part 2 – Describe an analysis tool that would be most appropriate for this particular project. Explain the reasoning for your selection and your desired outcomes. Indicate the type of information that will be delivered via the analysis tool.
- Part 3 – Identify specific external resources available to HR, and explain how they will be used to provide occupational data and descriptors.
- Part 4 – Summarize the assumed data to be defined during analysis. Explain why the content is important to job design and performance evaluation.
Section 2 – Job Design(Three to four pages and two scholarly resources in addition to the text)
- Part 1 – Create a job description for the organization based on the proposed data delivered in Section 1. Specifically identify each section of the job description, and defend the importance of each to the selection process. This should be a description of the template, not a job description for a specific job.
- Part 2 – Explain how the required employment and labor laws (BFOQ, ADA, EEO, and OSHA) are incorporated into the job description. Evaluate how the organization will account for the deployment of these laws.
- Part 3 – Based on your research, explain why the chosen design is appropriate for the organization.
Section 3 – Performance Appraisal(Three to four pages and two scholarly resources in addition to the text)
- Part 1 – Explain the purpose and intended outcomes of a performance appraisal. Evaluate the proposed job description (Section 2), and describe how the elements of the job description will be measured.
- Part 2 – Develop a performance appraisal using the measureable actions defined within the job description.
- Part 3 – Explore the challenges and opportunities that a performance appraisal adds to the overall job analysis and job design process.
Provide an overall summary of the proposed structure for the staffing review as requested by the owner of the organization. Briefly describe each section of the plan, and defend why your choices will provide the information needed for a successful outcome.
The Discovery and Design Project
- Must be 10 to 12 double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’sAPA Styleresource.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer toAPA Formatting for Word 2013.
- Must use at least six professional or scholarly sources in addition to the course text(s).
- TheScholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sourcestable offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’sAPA: Citing Within Your Paperguide.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See theAPA: Formatting Your References Listresource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.
Answer preview for Explain your reasoning for the purpose of the job analysis and the relationship to individual needs and corporate strategy. Evaluate why it