Essay on Researching Education Beyond the School Walls.
Assignment: Essay on Researching Education Beyond the School Walls. 1,750-2,000 words (approximately 6-8 pages excluding cover page and references). You will be writing about how 2 of the resources you will research are relevant to you. After you have finished reading the Rethinking Media book, select one a website from Resources section of the book (pp. 313-315) and one from the additional resources on Canvas (below). Write a paper in which you describe the usefulness to educators of the websites you review. Begin with a very brief (a few lines) introduction that lets us know your professional context. Then justify why you picked the sites you chose as the most relevant to you professionally. (This means that you will have give at least a cursory look to all the sites. Do not just choose sites beginning with the letter “A” because you see them first!) Write a 1-2 paragraph summary of each site that highlights the major area(s) covered, followed by a 1-2 paragraph reaction to the website, and a 1-2 paragraph statement of the possible implications of knowing about site this for your work, present or future. Aside from the introduction and conclusion, headings should be the names of the sites, subheadings should be summary, reaction and implications. Feel free to include references back to class readings. Reference information must be in APA (6th ed.) and included on a separate reference page. You are welcome to submit your essay early if you wish. (Don’t wait until the last minute.) Essay submission will be closed after the due date. Please look at the calendar of events for more details. Please reach out ahead of time if you have questions. Your first submission is your final submission so please proofread! Here is the rubric that I will use to grade Assignment Essay Rubric for EDF 6607.docx
Resources to choose from (not including those listed in the book)
- Want free resources and lessons plans on current cultural and news topics? Learning for Justice: https://www.learningforjustice.org/ (Links to an external site.)
- Want to know why and how to create safe space in schools? GLSEN: https://www.glsen.org/ (Links to an external site.)
- Want to see how students can become informed producers of knowledge? Indi kids: http://indykids.org/ (Links to an external site.)
- Want to know more about how commercialism and advertising infiltrates childhood? CFCC: http://www.commercialfreechildhood.org/resources (Links to an external site.)
- Want to know how to select books that have positive messages? Teaching for change guide:
- Want to see how kids are doing with health, education, poverty and other indices of well-being (nationally or in Florida)? https://www.aecf.org/interactive/databook/
Solution preview for the order on essay on Researching Education Beyond the School Walls.