The following are the advantages of using IDaaS. The first one is that it is more time saving into the use in different
The following are the advantages of using IDaaS. The first one is that it is more time saving into the use in different capacities involved with the advance in the time for more focus on the matters necessary in the surfing aspects. This aspect saves more time thus more useful in most companies that are using it. The second one is that it provides more security to the use of the control access needed for the security features used and better thus more management to the users and the entrance to the different available systems, making it better and more effective. The third one is that it gives freedom to the applications and the resources used for more tools (Mears, 2018).
The following are the risks of the use of the IDaaS. The first one is that it limits the applications available for more integration, making it harder for it to work with more functional applications. The second one is the lack of complexity needed for more integration to the systems’ applications, making it harder thus requires more time and costs that are not available. The third one is the data breaches experienced using the IDaaS, making it vulnerable for the safety of the clients and data.
One of the IDaaS solutions that I can use is the Okta product improving and becoming better for practical use. It comes with more than six thousand integrations that are built-in advance without vendor lock-ins that are a problem to use. It also gives the advancement in the more logins for the devices from one stand viewpoint that can be made for more onboarding and offboarding depending on the user’s preferences and uses. It is more advanced without less negative feedback as it is advancing with Adobe and Flex’s likes that are significant companies in this field but becoming less used as hackers understand the mechanisms into the building of the products (Vo, Fuhrmann & Fischer-Hellmann, 2018).
Mears, J. (2018). The rise and rise of ID as a Service. Biometric Technology Today, 2018(2), 5-8.
Vo, T. H., Fuhrmann, W., & Fischer-Hellmann, K. P. (2018, February). Privacy-preserving user identity in Identity-as-a-Service. In 2018 21st Conference on Innovation in Clouds, Internet and Networks and Workshops (ICIN) (pp. 1-8). IEEE.
Advantages of IDaaS:
- Centralized access control and authentication
- Simplied User Management and Provisioning
- Auditing of users access to applications
- Support fo FIDM(federated identity management)
- Fewer username and passwords to memorise for the end users.
- Centralized username and password management
Disadvantages of IDaaS:
- Single point of failure – On the core principles of IDaaS is Single Sign-On. With single sign-on systems there is a potential for single point of failure. If authentication service fails then users will not be able to access any of the applications.
- IDaaS could also lead to single breach points with attackers getting access to multiple systems if they hack IDaaS.
- Oraganisations also need to be mindful of the fact that in Cloud based IDaaS solutions users credentials are persisted outside of the firewall and on cloud. This potentially opens up some vulnerabilities.
IDaaS Solution I would select:
- I would go with Okta as my IDaaS.
- Okta has been positioned as the market leader in IDaaS in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant(Entertainment Close-Up, 2015)
- It supports mobile ID management as well.
- Okta Tapped as Sole Leader in Gartner Magic Quadrant for IDaaS. (2015). Entertainment Close-Up.
- Jamsa, Kris. 2012. Cloud Computing. Jones & Bartlett Learning
- George Reese. 2009. Cloud Application Architectures. O’Reilly
Please respond to the above two disucussion in 100 – 150 words
Answer preview for The following are the advantages of using IDaaS. The first one is that it is more time saving into the use in different