Conduct a very basic critical analysis of a graphic novel of your choice
comic book analyze
· 4 pages total
· 1” margins
· MLA format (including headings and Works Cited Page)
· 4 sources (one for the book itself. One for your theory. Two others for supporting evidence (could be other critical analyses or other definitions for your theory, or a definition describing your lens of choice, etc.)
How to move forward:
1. Pick a graphic novel or story arc. Approve it with me.
2. Read it.
3. Think about which lens would work. Remember. This semester we covered:
a. Psychological Lens
b. Sociological Lens
d. Feminist Lens
4. Find a theory within the lens you choose. For example, if you choose the psychological lens, choose a psychology theory.
5. Write paper.
Writing the Paper:
The paper is broken down into six sections.
2. Summary (1/2 page).
3. Value judgment (1/2 page) (what did you like about the comic book? What didn’t you like?) Cover:
a. Art work
b. Content (story)
d. You may cover other elements like paneling, lettering, etc.
4. Introduce us to your lens and theory (1/2 page to 1 page)
a. Tell us about your theory? Which lens does it fall under? Who created the theory? Can you provide us with a working definition?
5. Analyze your text using the lens.
Graphic novels refer to literary works that feature some comic content. In this category, literary works that are based on fiction as well as non-fiction are often included. In addition, they can also include work that is anthologized (Abate & Fletcher, 2017). The current is going to provide an analysis of “Where the wild things are………………..