Code of Ethics in Counseling
This paper is not required to be in APA format, and is intended to provide the student with an opportunity for in-depth reflection on their experiences and values. This paper should be a minimum of 3-5 pages. The guiding questions for the reflection paper are as follows:
- What personal ethics and values are you bringing with you as you enter training as a counselor?
- What messages did you get from your family and friends about groups of people different from yourself (ethically or culturally) and how they see right and wrong behaviors?
- When you compare and contrast your personal values with those of the profession, where is the match and where is the mismatch? What cultural shedding might you need to do?
- What personal morals are most important to you and how do they align with or conflict with the ACA and AMHCA code of ethics?
- To what degree might your personal needs get in the way of your work with clients? How can you recognize these needs without having them interfere with your work with others?
- In what circumstances would you consider referring a client to another professional because of a value conflict between you and your client? Can you think of other ways to manage the conflict without referring the client?
Solution PreviewCounseling is one field where the professionals have to follow a code of ethic. This code of ethics helps in guiding the counselor as they carry out their therapeutic process; it also solidifies the relationship between the counselor and a client………………………………….