BUS 622 Week 3 Discussion 2
Prior to beginning this discussion, please review Chapter 8: Importing, Exporting, and Sourcing, and Chapter 9: Global Market-Entry Strategies: Licensing, Investment, and Strategic Alliances in your text.
When writing your post, you should consider the four different strategies for entering the global market:
- Direct and indirect exporting
- Licensing and franchising
- Joint ventures
- Foreign direct investment
In your post, you will
- Pick two strategies from the above list for entering the global market. Assess the strengths and limitations of each strategy.
- Now, select one of these companies: Walmart, Dunkin’ Donuts, Starbucks, McDonald’s, or Target.
- Explain what strategies these companies used when entering the global economy.
- What prior research was conducted?
- How well did they understand their target marketing environment?
- Analyze the export marketing strategies the companies used.
- What decisions were made concerning product design, pricing, distribution channels, advertising, and communications—the marketing mix?
- What lessons did they learn from their success in the global marketplace?
Your initial discussion post should be 250 words. Cite your textbook and any other sources used to support your ideas. You may refer to Ashford University Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.) resource.