Describe the theory and relevant theoretical constructs that guide the selection of strategies and activities to address the health issue with the priority population. Drawing from the social-ecological perspective
Describe the theory and relevant theoretical constructs that guide the selection of strategies and activities to address the health issue with the priority population. Drawing from the social-ecological perspective, this important section describes the level at which the framing theory of the program will be applied (i.e., intrapersonal, interpersonal, institutional/organizational, community, or policy level), the core constructs of the selected theory, and why this theory and level are appropriate for the situation the program proposes to address.
Although the program proposal requires a multi-level approach for this assignment, you are required to explain your theory at only one level.
PC theoretical framework draft instructions
Step 1: Determine the primary level of change for your program
Step 2: Select the most relevant theory to guide your rationale for change (according to the desired level of change and what you have learned about the problem).
Step 3: Develop an outline and write a 2-3 page draft for this section of the proposal.
Step 4: Use APA-level headings to organize your work. Start with an APA level I heading (Theoretical Framework) for the section as a whole and then use sub-headings (level II and possibly III) for the constructs that are associated with the theory.
- Introduce the level of change and the appropriateness/relevance of the selection.
- Describe the basic premise of the theory.
- Introduce and explain all of the constructs of the theory
- For each construct, explain (briefly) how the construct will be operationalized (turned into action) in your program proposal. For example. If you are going to be using the Diffusion of Innovation theory, explain the communication channels that you will be using and why (what makes the channels you have selected relevant to your population?).Use Theory at a Glance as a source (or another resource as needed) to support your description and overview of the theory and the associated constructs.
- Length – 2-3 pages (not including cover page and references).Format – Times New Roman, 1-inch margins, 12 point font, with citations in APA style (7th Edition).References – cite the readings and or other sources, including outside resources (i.e. academic journal article).
Requirements: 2 pages